I hear that kiddos are doing well with Papa and Grandmother. Van was able to take Cade to school this morning and not have quite as strenuous schedule at work today. My day actually went pretty fast. I'm trying to put good use to every minute, even if that means a nap. :) Chemo is going well. I'm teathered to a pole with an IV drip 24/7, but I've learned how to manuever it around the room. Do you remember the commercial of the boy-doll, My Buddy? children singing: My Buddy and me!!!! Well, every time I need to go across the room, that song goes through my head as I tug along the IV pole. I'm getting creative with room service. Tonight it is Raisin Bran and a chocolate shake. I can't explain it, but it just sounded good. (I warned you that this writing might get dull! Next I'll be talking about what I watched on tv and describing the plot.) Oh, yes, tv. Wow, there are some really lousy shows! Van's mom is going to bring me a tv guide so I can just catch the ones that are uplifting. You know the Duggars are my favorite, and THANK YOU Stephanie/Lauren for the loan of the book. I've read half of it today!
I really enjoy the staff. My picc line nurse is from India, my room nurse is from Poland, and the lady who brought me Raisin Bran is from Liberia. The doc on call is from either India or Pakistan. I've learned not to try to guess which one but to ask (sometimes people don't like the neighboring country), so maybe I'll get brave and ask tomorrow! I think it would be fun to get a world map and have people "sign in" on their country! Maybe during the transplant process, except that I don't know what I would do with the map afterwards. I'm not one for keepsakes like that.
A "shout out" to all the sweet Facebook post-ers. Thanks y'all!
A blessing to all who read. This is one of my favorites, and if I remember correctly, it was on the screen at church on Sunday.
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. --Romans 15:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad your day went well. Day time TV is a wasteland, as your Uncle Norm would say. Do you have a DVD player so you could watch some funny movies? A Kindle loaded with books would have been good. I take mine every where. Love the blessing. Sleep well, God Bless. Love, Gwen & Uncle Norm
ReplyDeleteI will be singing" my buddy and me" all day tomorrow. It will be a sweet reminder to pray for you and your kids. I have a care package for your kiddos. I will drop it off at the house tomorrow....just stickers, markers, paints, etc. It will help them feel that each day is a party. Which was my prayer for them again today. Love ya! Night. Night. Sleep tight!
ReplyDeleteSusan! Great report and hanging in there with you. I am with you on the Raisin Bran--I just paid $7 for some here :)...ha! oh, well, I got tired of munching on cardboard... love you--Christ's love shines through you and as you trust Him (or not, He is still sovereign...), the Kingdom is coming--I love it and I love you!!!! praying for your mini global experience--I love Dallas that way!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to read it! Isn't it a cool story?! A great example of how to live a God-centered life. We are picky about tv shows, and a couple of fairly wholesome ones (about as wholesome as Hollywood can be) are Survivor (josh's and my favorite) and The Middle (a comedy that gets funnier as you get to know the characters). Survivor starts next week I believe. Hope that helps!!
ReplyDeleteOh and oprah's new network OWN has some uplifting shows and good cooking shows. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a test to see if I have figured out how to post a comment on here. Katherine, sitting on the couch in her heated blanket, says she misses you! If this works, I will post more later. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteRaisin Bran and chocolate milk. Sounds like breakfast here. We like having a "breakfast supper" every once in a while too.
ReplyDeleteMarty, the boys, and I are sitting on the couch watching the Nebraska-Baylor game. Marty thinks he may ask Van to go to a game soon.
We miss you. Thanks for posting the events of your day. It's good to read them.
Oh! You might like books written by Brock and Bodie Thoene. If you want, I'll send some your way.
Love you!
So good to read this post from you! Raisin Bran, TV, and people from all over the world. This stuff from everyday life is interesting and connects with us all.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte and I miss you are glad to be able to keep up with you this way.
You Rock susan. Peeps in New Braunfels are praying for you. I'll read about your tv shows and opinions:) It's just nice to hear from you as you walk through this journey. God has created one tough cookie in you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, y'all. You encourage us more than you know.
ReplyDelete