Welp, I ate some asparagus, beans and a potato for supper. Then, I got really excited because I could taste it all and ordered another potato with butter. Turns out, that wasn't the best idea because starches seem to expand! I'll probably be the only person in history who gains weight in a hospital. I've been so nervous that the rug is going to be pulled out from under me that I've eaten at least some of every meal since I've been here. Problem is, there are only so many times that you can walk up and down a hallway and when the appetite returns--Watch out! Good thing I have a full suitcase of elastic waistbands.
I got a bag o' platelets this afternoon, and will get a bag tonight. Silly, silly blood will not cooperate, so it is all the more affirming that I need to borrow someone else's goods.
I am daily challenged to put my situation in perspective. Today's kick in the gut came from one of the people who cares for my room. Turns out, she is an African refugee who's family was obliterated by a civil war that is still raging. It is impossible to stick a smiley face sticker on that one, and we just had a couple minutes to talk before she went on to other duties. Seems like each day people surface who are dealing with real pain, and I know the only lasting peace is Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I can imagine tasting things is nice.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Your blog continues to be a source of encouragement for me.
Thank you!
Taste buds whaaaahhooooo!!!! You make me laugh. Thanks for your good attitude and focus on the Lords work. It keeps me focused on the lord and his goodness. We are praying for you and your sweet little ones! Love u girl!!!!! And thanks for the posts! I love getting them!
ReplyDeleteI don't think the hospital is a place to loose weight. Never happened for me. Plus, you need a bit extra right now so don't worry about it. You won't gain enough to make much difference. I once read that if we knew about other peoples problems we would choose to keep our own. Keep up the positive thoughts, I'm sending some your way. Love you much!
ReplyDelete