Friday, February 4, 2011

Phooey.

The car is packed, the kids are dressed ready to go to Grandmom's and Daddy Dave's, and Van and I are emotionally prepared. But...the car is under a couple of inches of snow, and Dallas is icy. In fact, my doctor's office was closed, and "non-essential" folks from the hospital had a snow day at home. So, instead of getting on the road, we spent the morning burning half of a carefully-measured sick-day on the telephone with Dallas and trying to keep excited kids out of the snow and dry. By eleven o'clock, it was clear that it was a wasted effort, and we bundled up the kids in enough layers for some promised snow play. Van tried to get down and up a hill to get to work, but that didn't happen until an hour later when a backhoe came down our street. I put Avi down for a nap, put on Yogi Bear for the boys and promptly fell asleep. I awoke to a very naked Zane covered in Van's work address stamped all over himself. I was tempted to put him in the mailbox with proper postage to see what happened, but put him in the bathtub instead. It wasn't until about 3:00, that I had my head back on straight and remembered that laundry and dishes had to be maintained. Frustration abounded today, but we made it through. I feel like we can pretend that tomorrow is a normal day, and we'll begin thinking about the best plan for Monday's chemo pretty soon. Thanks for praying. Boy, howdy, we need it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Seriously, I don't always understand god's plan! But we must remember that he does have a plan and it is perfect! Hang in there. I will be praying for you this weekend. Love you! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating. You can mail Zane to me! That boy is fun.

    ReplyDelete