Van just headed back home to Waco. It was a JOY to see him. We spent some of the time looking up funny stuff on youtube. I thought it was funny, at least, and he endured it for me. Stanley Steemer commercials, Roger Miller, The Smothers Brothers and clips of John Denver that look just like Van's dad in the 70s were favorites. We stayed across the room from each other, and we sanitized where he sat just to make sure that any potential Wehmeyer germs were wiped out. I got a kick out of when it was time to say good-bye. He kissed my forehead and reached over and grabbed a Clorox wipe to scrub the spot down. I don't think he was kidding, and that just made the moment super funny.
Some brand-spankin' new platelets are now in my bloodstream. I'm ready for (another) nap, but I'm unsure if the Benedryl given before the infusion will outweigh the 12 oz. of Dr. Pepper in my system. It had been a long time since I'd been able to stomach any type of junk food (weird, I know), so it's a good sign that I'm back to old bad habits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad he got to go and that y'all had a fun time! I will have to try to find those videos. Yay for junk food! :) We got Canes for our life group meeting Wednesday night, but it just wasn't the same without you guys eating the junk with us! Love ya!!!
ReplyDeleteGLAD for the Dr. Pepper. I saw Van at church yesterday and didn't know he'd been to Dallas. I just figured since they had all been sick, he'd not be able to visit you. SO I'm so thankful he did! Love you!
ReplyDeleteJane
Hey girl! Love you and praying for you!
ReplyDelete