The "hill" (incline) at Poage Park is getting easier, and so is the one at church. It is barely noticable, but I am getting better. Thank you, Jesus. I had my first go at pulmonary rehabilitation today. The therapists had warned me that it would be very hard, and that they would push me to my limits and not to give up. I realized that I had been pushing myself beyond what they call "limits" with an oxygen monitor, so it's really not so bad. (For example, inclines at Poage Park and church...) Bonus: I get oxygen and a cheerleader twice a week. The idea is not to make me ablaze with bicepts, although that would be okay. We're trying to strengthen muscles, especially around the lungs to make breathing easier. I'm thinking it would be cool to have their tshirts made, "We're here to pump (clap) you up." I was the only one in the room on a machine without gray hair, so maybe not everyone would get the reference. Okay, so I have a couple gray hairs.
Grandmom came to town to have lunch at the elementary school with the boys. They showed off their school and everyone was reported to have big grins. I kidnapped her afterwards and we ate a burger with Van and stole Avi from parent's day out to have ice cream. Tour de Wehmeyer. Everyone had a great time, but the little stinker three-year-old feigned shyness.
We're expecting an offer on our current home in the morning. I celebrated by buying toilet paper and paper towels in bulk. That's a big no-no when selling a home because we are supposed to pretend that we don't actually live here with clutter, and no one wants to box up extra toilet paper. Even if these folks don't come through, though, it was worth the moment of freedom.
Favorite quotes of the day:
While picking up the boys in the rain, Avi said, "Wook! Evewyone is holding ga-willas (umbrellas)!"
In a deep discussion about if presidents could be assassinated, if terrorists go to heaven, the World Trade Center, appropriate punishments for criminals while going through a drive through and pulling over to see a jack hammer at work, Cade concluded, "Well, it will be nice to see Abraham in heaven." I said, "Yes, that will be wonderful." Cade added, "Abraham Lincoln. He was shot, wasn't he?" Yes. It wasn't really a humorous statement, he was just trying to make it all make sense and put it together.
Also, yesterday, Cade and Avi had a very serious discussion with very logical arguments about which would be a better pet, a tortoise or a turtle. I was impressed with the legnth of the volley. Better still, no one was injured and it stayed an intense discussion. Whoa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment