Monday, September 24, 2012

Today is Monday.

Zane has been called "little Van" throughout his five years of life, but I really saw it a couple of days ago. I guess Van was working late because I was swinging the bedtime routine. Zane could not possibly enter into pajamas until the plum seed that had just been found under the kitchen table was planted. I told him he could plant it if he could do it in ten seconds or less. He shot out of the back door and found a bare spot on the ground. He dropped the seed. Not satisfied, he ran and grabbed his newly disassembled training wheel. Using the metal edge, he scratched a hole, then dropped in the seed again. He patted the dirt over it with the flat side of the wheel. I could practically hear him thinking, "That should do it." It took him more like 20 seconds, but he had a big grin on his face just imagining the plum tree that would spring forth. If it had been Cade or me, it would have taken a diagram and 12 tools to do it properly.

We expect our "old" house to close on October 12, and our "new" house to be ready at the end of October. Van suggests that we live in a van down by the river in the interim. This would totally work, but I think it might be inconvenient not having laundry facilities and an internet connection during the middle of the school year. So, I believe we'll stay at a friend's house for a weekend and go to a hotel with a kitchen for the rest of the time. I think moving is an adventure in itself without adding a camping component! Someone please convince my husband of this!

My energy and spirits today were low. This wasn't logical because everything is actually going pretty well for us, and I've been in better health. I think it is the meds messing with my head, so I have to continually ask the Lord to speak truth to me so I can quit the pity party and unload the dishwasher.

Avi is asleep on my lap right now. Such a sweetie. It is almost 3:00 in the afternoon, and she is still in her faded Dora pajama pants that now fit like capris. I'm not sure where she found the lime green monkey shirt to go with it, but she has been a happy camper in them. I'll need to wake her (I may have to adjust the word "sweetie" at that point) to go pick up our boys and take the amended house contract to Van.

Mondays are "big homework" days around here. I am truly dreading helping Cade memorize a poem. Yuck. I suppose there is value to it, but Yuck. I'd much rather make a collage or even support him composing a poem. Memorizing? For the birds. Don't tell him I said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment