My breathing seems better, and my energy level is better. I do have a new, wierd cough that isn't exhausting like the last one, just annoying. I skipped bible class tonight to cough and pray on my own while my family was in class. I'm going to see if I can sleep with it tonight or if it is a problem. The Lord has been giving me wisdom about where to put my energy reserves and patterns in when the effects of the steroids will hit. That is helpful to manage time well and not to be as frustrated. (Fold laundry now, take kids to the park later. Rest in-between. Stuff like that.) Mood swings (exaggerated anger, maily) are better. Sometimes I'm in the "Pit of Dispair" (The Princess Bride--love it!) and within minutes I'm coping and quite calm. Dull headaches and fatigue come and go with the wind. I'm trusting that the Lord's strength is made perfect in weakness. It is a good opportunity for my kiddos to pick up responsibilities that I normally wouldn't ask (Please go to the car and get Mama's purse...), and they have thankfully lowered their expectations of me. I think that Avi now understands that I love to hold her, but I can't carry her, and that the boys understand that they have extra chores and I am less likely to give in to their extra requests. That particular project that involves twelve steps can wait until the weekend. While I was rocking her, Avi said. "I love you, Mama. I pray for you. 'Dear God. Help Mama to be healthy and not need eye drops.'" Sweet girl. I try to reward and praise them for the extra effort. I vacillate between feeling that they are a bit American spoiled and them getting the shaft because I split my time between them and taking medicine, coughing, putting on sunscreen--just for my health, but of course my health benefits them, too. On the flip side, they also have a few extra priviliges like retrieving their own snacks, and going on easy outings like the air-conditioned Burger King playground. Oh, and "breaks" like PBS shows, Peppa Pig, and Phineas and Ferb. I picked up dollar glow-in-the-dark glasses at Target just for fun (guilt), and they were a big hit, but do they really NEED "moon glasses" when they go to bed before dark generally? Probably not.
Some quotes of the day: While I was rocking her, Avi was trying to convince me that she needed to sleep on the couch with me. I like my husband enough to rest in the livingroom in this season while I wake at night and am noisy. She said, "I'm going to say it one more time, and you will say 'yes'." Getting a little spunky, aren't we? Cade informed me tonight that I was "dramatic....and fuzzy. What does dramatic mean?" I think that he complimented me. It would be better to be fuzzy than not, right? Zane is really excited about typing on the "puter" at school. He wanted to demonstrate on mine, but without complete supervision, I've learned that "It is a tool, not a toy." One day soon, I'll make "puter" time for Zaner. I still don't know quite what is going on in his classroom. His creativity trumps reality, so evidently one of his friends hit a classmate, and then the teacher, and then her parents, and then the principal. The police came an took her to jail, and then she broke out. All of this with sound effects and large gestures with his arms and big blue eyes. So, Zane, did you color today? Did you play on the playground or practice a new letter? Silence. Glad we at least have the puter to work with.
I went through the "McDonald's" drive-thru to order a smoothie yesterday. During our discourse through the speaker, they informed me that I needed to pull up and talk with the fellow at the first window. No smoothie available, but they could offer me a Frosty. Annoyed, but smiling, I accepted in confusion. I pulled out of there and noticed that McDonalds was two businesses down the road. I laughed so hard that I could barely drive with my Frosty. It was tasty.
The house is coming along quite nicely. Maybe by November? Maybe I will be a bit stronger and my brain be more engaged by then! Pulmonary rehab starts next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment