Avi woke up happy and we picked up the boys from school. They both had sweet interactions with friends today, and that makes a mama happy. Zane had even introduced two of his friends from different classes that didn't know one another so they all could play together at recess. Cade had reconciled a difficult situation. To my surprise, Cade was okay about starting the memorization process. Divine wisdom led me to use my computer to record him reading the poem a few times with different backgrounds. A thunderstorm, an alien ship, and a jail cell were the settings for this back to school recitation. Then, of course, the siblings had turns just being plain silly for the camera.
My mood picked up a tad, but not naturally. It took some effort which was frustrating because everyone was happy around me, and I was missing out. I'm playing the game "I would rather eat the food than move it" game, so we had a can of beets with our spaghetti. Zane said, "What those taste like?" (We're still working on inserting 'do' into his speech!) Cade said, "Beets me." Ha! Good one! No one ate the beets but me.
Later, they snuggled into their beds. I'm really going to miss the three of them sharing a room. As I was rocking Avi, Zane said, "Mama, will you tuck me in?....I getting too big." (We are working on inserting 'am', too!) Half of his body was sticking out from "Pretty Blanket". We decided that as soon as we can get my sewing machine out of storage it might be a good idea to sew "Pretty Blanket" and the Thomas the Train blanket together to make it long enough for him. Yes, we could just use a different blanket, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as cozy. Even after all that, I still felt lousy about life and the thought went through my head, "I just want to crawl into the fetal position and drink chocolate through a straw." I couldn't think of any chocolate in the house. Oh, well. God's grace is sufficient, right? The children were settled, so I walked to the livingroom. Van said our friends were coming over to see if their infant had an ear infection (which he does, poor baby). They showed up with a blizzard-type ice cream especially for me. It was a bit too thick to suck through a straw, and I managed to avoid the fetal position, so I think I'm better. I think I'll do a little reading tonight and hit the "reset" button for tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment