Any 90s country music fans out there?
My kids are being loved on today by my sweet sister and "DanielCarlyElise". I'm in Dallas where I just got the news that I have to receive some platelets because mine are too stinkin' low. Yesterday, Van dragged me to his clinic and an x-ray may have shown some pneumonia. I'm coughing quite a bit, but otherwise I'm just tired and admittedly grumpy. "The joy of the Lord will be my strength." My appetite is all screwy, so I've been on a ramen noodle kick. That will have to go, though, because my sister is anti-MSG and will cut me off cold turkey. I hope she doesn't find the half-eaten cup 'o noodles I ate at 2:00 this morning. Shoot, I shouldn't have left that in my haste for the trip here. If anyone finds me on the side of the road shaking and muttering to myself, just inject me with a flavor packet.
I really hope that tomorrow goes well. At Van's clinic, I will get an ultrasound of my leg that had the blood clot. It will determine if I have to be on blood thinners. Also, if I feel good, I'll get to join Tricia and all 6 kids to go watch the movie "Dolphin Tale". To get my children to sit for an hour+, I might actually have to purchase popcorn, and then I'll get really mad at the popcorn racket at theaters. I hope I get to.
Saturday, Zane and Cade have soccer games and photos. I'll iron their uniforms,bleach their socks, wipe off their shoes and pretend that they always look that groomed and always wear shoes. Hopefully, Cade won't get into one of his hair gel moods. Occasionally, when he wants to look especially good, he finds Van's gel and comes out with either a slick-down or a mohawk. Last year, he spent the whole soccer game gently making sure that his hair hadn't moved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
praying for good test results for blood clot and also that platelets get and stay up to normal levels. And I would like a follow-up report about what Cade does with his hair at the soccer game this Sat! :)
ReplyDelete