I'm in Dallas staying with Van's mom. Their house is very peaceful, and I've enjoyed the company. Today I did the treatment where my blood passes through light, and I'll do another one tomorrow. These have gotten much faster because of a new machine and are not nearly as taxing as they used to be. I will also see my PA tomorrow and get a second dose of an IV med. I got a break from the IV med at home and many of my other medicines because my platelets were getting too low, and the CMV wasn't budging. I pray that tomorrow's numbers look good.
I'm mindful of a little friend-of-a-friend that is undergoing a heart transplant right now. She is four-years-old, and I can't imagine that her parents will be sleeping anytime soon. May she be healed completely.
I miss my kiddos on trips like these, even if they are having the time of their lives with their grandparents. The other day, Zane (4) decided to make the bathroom floor into Sea World, and he came pretty close. It was a four-towel clean up job. They were dripping wet, and he still couldn't snap back into reality to understand that, "NO YOU MAY NOT RIDE SHAMU IN THE BATHROOM." He just kept telling me about all the neat tricks he could do. Van was no help whatsoever because he couldn't keep a straight face.
The bathroom has been quite the hotspot for activity. While the kids were occupied, I snuck in. Cade came banging on the door, "a skunk! a skunk is outside!" I screamed, "Are all the kids in the house?" "YES!" "Is the door shut?" "YES!" Then, as I exit to make sure that Cade included his brother in the count, he said, "Just kidding!" He got me on that one. The next time I'm looking for a stinker, I'll know where to find one.
A quick shout-out to my sister who had a birthday today, even though she doesn't read this and therefore is sadly uninformed. Happy Birthday, Trish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment