Monday, September 26, 2011

Not in the Plan

This would be dramatic if it weren't quite so dull waiting. I'm at the hospital in Waco waiting for another transfusion of platelets. This morning, my blood count revealed it as 3, and I found out a couple of hours ago. The exchange between the kids and I was not pleasant, especially with Cade. He was pretty angry because I had just picked him up from school, hadn't spent any time with him and he didn't even get to go to a friend's house out of the deal. My parents are on the way and should arrive late tonight.

Avi and Zane played a sweet game of hide and seek today:

Avi: You hide and I'll count.
Z: Okay! Wait a minute! (Avi watches as Zane covers himself with a blanket.)
Avi: Ready?
Z: Yes.
Avi: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,6.... Here I come. Now where could Zane be? He's not over here, and he's not over here...here he is! Your turn!

They played that over and over. It was hilarious when they pretended that they couldn't find each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment