Renee and I relaxed for the morning and do a little bit of every kind of nothing. That was awesome. I was able to play with the new sewing machine for the first time, and it runs so beautifully. In the afternoon, I expected to have a very short therapy, but the new photo therapy machine is broken, and my central line is consistently giving the nurses fits, so it took several hours again. The nurse today was wonderful and patient, and I appreciated her calm personality. I really hope I have her a lot. She was helpful.
The day ended with a lesson in how to broil a steak- yum! That girl can cook. It melted in the mouth. We then figured out how to caramelize the top of chocolate creme brulee using the broiler on a very modest apartment oven as well. We rock. It was awesome. To think that I used to be scared of a little broiler....
Skin issues are better, but will still be addressed at the doc's tomorrow. We'll see if I can get through the visit without a new medication. Sigh. Praying for LESS medication.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's to less medicine! So happy you're doing somewhat better...bit by bit, things are steadily improving. Loved your post from yesterday. Despite the responsibility and exhaustion, I would venture to say that your Mom & Dad are relishing this time with the kiddos. It sounds like you're getting some of your regular taste sensations back, and that's wonderful news! Although being able to taste delicious things combined with steroids can be a bad thing. :) I continue to pray for you and the family. Love, Katherine
ReplyDelete