Monday, May 2, 2011

+31

I had another good visit with the physician assistant today. (I was in the office for three skinkin' hours.) She says that I look great on paper with my blood counts steadily improving despite the drug that I am on for my skin that should have slowed the progress. My single complaint at this time is the bottoms of my feet that are tender when walking and the rashiness that bothers me. Evidently this is from a condition that can follow a transplant where the donor's bone marrow eats up my old white blood cells, and a small skin rash is a good thing. I don't really understand the process, but I am ready to be done with this stretch. My PA increased the drug to treat this, and if it doesn't improve by Thursday, my doctor will probably add another drug to knock it out. The drug drastically affects my sleeping patterns, although I'm doing better at knowing what to do with myself in the middle of the night instead of stressing myself out about not sleeping--usually an audio book.

So, we're asking for prayers for no more skin problems, more sleep and less medicine. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. What's a "skinkin'" hour? :-)

    I'm usually up around 4:30. If you want to chat, give me a call! I'll e-mail you my cell phone on FB! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to check out my blog at that time. It will keep you mildly entertained. Candi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying, my friend! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it sister dear....prayers for no more skin problems, more sleep and less medicine, in Precious JESUS name... Where the power is huh Susan...... You have seen more of that than most of us. Love you so much lady!!! Miss you TONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. woops... I don't know why my name says mommaof9 when I have 11.... haha.... this is Angela in case you didn't know.... I remember.... I created the account when I had only 9 kids... Senior moment. haha

    ReplyDelete