Weekends in Waco are the best days ever, despite me having to heavily lean on the man-of-the-year to save me from my own children occasionally! We're doing our best to live it up. We had a great picnic at Lover's Leap and remembered that supervising adventurous six-year-olds and their tag-along brothers might be important. A fence, a boundary, a partition doesn't always translate to those who are learning boundaries. (Whew.) It was still very fun. Van and I went out on an honest-to-goodness date night and left the children and the tornado watch (thanks Aubrie!). We had some great pho soup, drove around pretty neighborhoods looking at houses and topped it off with a Whataburger milkshake WHILE communicating and laughing. Can't get much better than that!
Please continue to pray that my steroids will decrease this week, preferably beginning Monday. A carrot has been dangled in front of my nose for several weeks now, and I can smell it. I would really like to just grab it and gnaw on it and say, "Whatcha gonna do now? Huh, huh?", but I suppose sound caution should reign. It would really simplify life if this one drug could be out of the picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi there. It sounds like y'all almost had a 'normal' weekend with lots of fun-filled moments. We're praying for no more steroids. Won't they take you off of them slowly? I had a friend at MD Anderson who had a brain tumor and was on them. They accidentally took him off of them all at once, and he went stone cold bonkers. He even ended up in the mental ward for a couple days. He told me that he thought the radio was talking to him...all kinds of crazy stuff. Anyway, I'm sure that it will be done as it should be, and we hope it is very soon. I'm also praying that the man-of-the-year continues to have everything he needs for his role in this current chapter of your lives. I love your new FB pic...too cute! Here's to continued healing. Love, Katherine & Chris
ReplyDeleteHello! Marty and I got to visit with Van in class this morning, and he echoed all that's in your post. He was absolutely radiant. I think he liked your being home!
ReplyDeleteI told Van about the "effects" I went through when I was taken off of steriods (after being on them for more than five years at 35 mg per day). He can talk to you about it. You'll do fine. I've been through it, and it's NOTHING compared to what you've already been through, I'm sure!
Love you!
Jane