Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A complete night's sleep! It has been weeks, and I am SO thankful. I feel caught up from the crazy wonderful weekend with the children now. As I cared for them, added a new cacophony of medicines and steriod injections, then added a too-long walk that left me with new skin issues I crashed for a couple of days. My friend Carrie and I laid low except to go see the matinee African Cats by Disney and had a nice work out that afternoon (that aggravated the skin issues a little more--hard to know what to do). The movie was amazing. I really enjoyed viewing the gorgeous Maasi Mara on the big screen. The footage of the animals was incredible. I was really impressed with the quality of the film, and it was great to share that time with Carrie.

Today will be the first day of the blood cleaning treatment. My friend Julie brought me some extra books and snacks enjoy the 4+ hour procedure. I think I'll just be sitting/laying down, so it shouldn't be any big deal, and I have a bag of small projects to work with. Today it will be attaching the elastic to batman masks. Very important in a 6-year-old's world! I'm most nervous about what the nurses will do with my central line site, and I pray that the nurses are wise can think of an alternate solution to applying the standard cleaners and scrubbing. The bandages are not behaving, and my skin is very sensitive, so we've got to find a solution to that or they may not be able to peel me out of the seat when finished. Feet are better, and I'm not itchy. Tomorrow, I will have a doctor's appointment followed by another blood cleaning treatment. Regardlless of the agenda for the day, my appointments have been hours and hours long. I feel for the nurses, and it must get quicker soon or there will be a revolution in the waiting room. Some of these people did not bring their batman masks, and they really feel lousy.

All of these appointments are interrupting my sewing projects, but that did not stop me from exchanging my dead sewing machine for an upgrade within a few hours. As I was ordering it from Amazon.com (beat all deals in town), the computer started to encourage me to order within 20 minutes and get $10 same day shipping! What in the world! I nervously chose the option, and a courier from Ft. Worth showed up in a PT Cruiser with my giant package that afternoon. That sure beat driving all over town or waiting for 5-8 days for the free shipping, not knowing when Van would be at the house or I would be at the apartment. Too cool. Now it is time for me to read the instruction booklet, watch the DVD and go to town on my neglected projects. This should be fun.

We close on our 2 acre lot on Friday! Mom and Dad will be staying the weekend to visit and continue their help with kiddos. I am very excited and am starting to dream about the home we will build soon. Currently, our three children happily share a tiny room, but we think that as they grow, our set up will not be practical much longer. Exciting. I also intend on taking Van somewhere after the kids are asleep one night. It has been awhile since we have been a couple of cool cats on a date.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to read your recent post. I am glad you slept! That's super. I hope the central line issue does get resolved and QUICK! Congratulations on the lot! I'm thrilled for you and Van and the kids. I sure know how much excitement that is! I just wish ya'll were out here (The Preserve) with us! :-) --- selfish, ABSOLUTELY!

    Love you,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME about the land.... Ya'll should get with Brad and see about building green and super efficient. His degree will be in renewable energy.
    Love you lady so very much..... So glad you got time with your precious babies.....

    ReplyDelete