Monday and Tuesday Mrs. Kay took care of kiddos. They had a blast. The highlight was popcorn with some type of cinnamon. I called near the end of the day, but Van said that Kay kidnapped the children. Too good.
Van took off a few days and was domestic. Somehow he took three children to see a movie. Brave, brave man. They all really enjoyed it, and I think even sweet Avi made it through well.
Cade is in a happier place in life. God is good.
I've been navigating the big city and not getting lost (much). I don't really like to run errands, but seem to a lot "as long as I'm out". I've been trying to cook from scratch to avoid salt, and am finding that it takes some effort to think through flour, vanilla, etc. for the cupboard. Julie inspired me with Pioneer Woman (stinkin' hilarious), and I've made a couple of her recipes. The problem is, I don't know how to scale down to one person very well, so I end up eating whatever it is for several meals in a row! I've always liked leftovers--less effort, less dishes, yummy food. I miss HEB terribly. The stores here are overpriced and cramped. "Tom Thumb" is about right.
I'll leave in a couple of hours to go to Waco for the weekend. (I'm at the doc's.) I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. We should have some nice time together, and I might even overlap with my parents on Monday. Bless 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you're out and about! You're home now. I know it's early to be seeing non-family, but I'm getting impatient to see your sparkling eyes too.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your skin problems are better and that the steroid dose is down. I hope that went smoothly for you. It can be very hard. So slow going-down on that is best.
I hope the low salt diet is helping. I've got all sorts of tips on that. I've lived that way for many years now.
Did Van tell you that one of his patients bought our house? They're very nice people. We're going to try to get them to church. They have two of the sweetest little kids you've ever seen (I can think of only three right now who are sweeter!) and a very nice 13 year old daughter.
I'm so glad to hear they are cutting back on the steroids! I love Pioneer Woman and have friended her on Face Book. She is too cute. Cooking for one or even two is a PITA. Maybe freeze some portions so you don't have it too many days in a row and then you can have time off from cooking as well. So glad you are doing well and that Cade is back in a good place. Hopefully it won't be long before you are back in your nest with those little fledglings all around you! In the meantime, Enjoy your time at home. God is good.
ReplyDelete