Done. It feels really good to be done.
The day went pretty smoothly. The bag o' goods arrived via courier in a Igloo LunchMate with an orange biohazard sticker on it. The chaplain said a beautiful short prayer, took her leave, Van said a sweet prayer, and my nurse tended to me for the next several hours non-stop. I don't know if she left the room at all. It is a very important job, but, oh, her days must get dull. At least Van was there to chat with her about Poland, and socialized medicine and spirituality. I tried to rest but the blasted Lasix got in the way again...and there were two people staring at me for hours, and talking about Poland, socialized medicine and spirituality. I was so relieved when she rinsed out the bag with saline (and put that in me, too!) Everyone was very impressed with the large donation. It should fit the bill quite nicely.
I am humbled and thankful for the diligent prayers and for the trust that people have in the Lord and His healing power. I went in and out of focus on God today (at some times I literally couldn't make a complete sentence with the drugs), and it was a great joy to remember that other people were petitioning for us.
I've finally relaxed from the events, and can move onto an enjoyment mode. Van is at Kroger for a bit of a break, some supper and to do my bidding. We're exhausted, but so very thankful and encouraged.
Van noted that my next door neighbor has the last name "Bauers" and has started calling him "Jack" (as from 24, the show that entrigued us for several years.) I haven't met him yet. At first I thought I should feel safer having him next door, but then I thought about it and realized that the next 24 hours could mean big trouble for all of us!!! Okay, that was silly, but it made Van laugh anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so thankful to read about your day. You are so prayed for! And so very dearly loved.
ReplyDeleteJane
You crack me up Susan! Blessings on you and yours this day of miracles!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Its over! Jack Bauer did his job successfully again! ;) I wish you could have heard the prayers said on your behalf today. So touching. Y'all are very loved.
ReplyDeleteSo glad it's over. Now for Gods healing hand to do the rest. Thinking of you daily. Rest Peacfully tonight.
ReplyDeleteLike I said previously, Burritt and I were praying and fasting today anyway, but I used it as an opportunity to pray for you off and on all day. We broke our fast with dinner and a feast of thankfulness. We are so grateful for a successful transplant. Continuing in prayer, Mindy
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for you and Van and your good spirits and love of God. I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow! The healing process begins! Powerful! Very powerful......is the lord! Love you girl. Your doing good. Get some good sleep:) yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you so much these last few days and asking for sweet mercies from Jesus for your heart and body! Love you, friend. :)
ReplyDelete