Sunday, April 17, 2011

+16 & life's miracles big and little

Van stretched me a bit this morning, and took me to a park. I'm still so very weak, but he found a shady spot and kept me steady. The park had a nice array of ducks and low-flying airplanes. He's really looking forward to taking the kiddos there, which, if I get the go-ahead could be on Good Friday. I was very nervous, but thankful to be outside. I went into almost full-panic mode when we heard the mewing of a kitten. Some of you know our heart-ache with trying to find homes for our neighbors kittens a few months ago. I got on Van's fancy phone trying to find a nearby shelter, while he held the precious little orange ball and asked around at the rec center at the park. A squirrel stayed completely still on the trunk of the tree trying to figure out what was going on. It was obvious that the kitten's home was nowhere near. On a whim, Van put the noisy little thing on his lap and went across the street to the Junior League where one of the lady employees took it from him, expecting the great nurturing experience. We were so relieved. It is no small thing to find a home for a cat in less than five minutes, and I thank God for this miracle of the heart.

I'll spare you my discomforts, but they are small and predictable. My sister again took the reigns this afternoon and took me for a drive and a small walk. She'll be here for a few days. I'll have a long doctor's appointment tomorrow likely with platelets and blood transfusions. I'm still shocked when I look in a mirror, but this is temporary. I'm so glad to be in the apartment, and able to get some extra rest and independence. I can't imagine how weak I would be if I would have had to stay in the hospital much longer. Keep praying for engrafting, and all signs are good. All is going well. It is a long road.

My heart was so happy for the success of the Autism Walk that my little friend was a part of, and Happy Birthday to her little sister! I am also encouraged but not a bit surprised with the generousity of our church with the Walk and with the demonstration of love for the orphans of Ghana. What a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed that you are out and about! That is wonderful. You are still in my prayers and you know you can call on me if you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brings great joy and thanksgiving. Love you!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete