The reason that hospital food gets a bad reputation is that people are sick when they try to eat it. I actually enjoyed the food when I was first admitted-maybe a little too much, but the chemo is setting in, and now my banana is the enemy. How can a banana be anything but a banana? It is not the banana's fault. But I eat it, for hours enduring Dancing with the Stars to see what Ralph Macchio (aka Karate Kid) has been up to, just for an untimely nurse deciding that it was the moment for a visit. No. I'm not going to watch again tomorrow. I at least got to see an interview with him to know that he has been married for 24 years now. That's pretty cool.
My complaints are small: a little hot/cold, wacko-o stomach, strange aches and a weird splotchy appearing/disappearing/there it is again/now disappeared rash on half of me. Now I'm writing about rashes. Oh, and I'm not sure how, but no sleep for days--that is not much of an exaggeration. I think it may have to do with the bigtime steriods a few days ago. I'm pretty well spent. Tonight may be the night.
I'm still able to investigate property buying strategies (Van and I should close on a little piece of land near the end of the month--yes, we're being careful and seeking counsel). I can also shower using one hand and NOT get my Press-n-Seal covered central line wet. I can walk for a little while a few times a day. I can recognize my ankles now.
My friend down the hall is not doing very well. I don't know much, but I know we can pray for her like her mom has prayed for me. She even brought by a devotional book for me the other day. Her situation is a harder one than mine, and they could use a boost.
My blood counts are dropping like they are supposed to. I'll probably need to take a break from writing so that I can put energy into other things.
Psalm 24 is great. Here's a good line: Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's good to read from you. Talked to Van a bit yesterday. Will take lasagna (per Cade's "order"), a wonderful herb bread, and healthy spinach salad to your crew tomorrow evening. Love you and continue praying for you.
ReplyDeleteJane
So glad to see your post! Also glad to hear that things are progressing as they should. All my friends have been asking about you and assure me they are praying. Bless them. We are continuing our prayers for you and will add your friend to our list. Blessing upon you and we love you.
ReplyDeletePraying for you, your family, and your friend as well.
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear from you!!!! Your doing great. Love ya and praying.
ReplyDeleteYou are so very strong, and I'm so proud of you. You are a great encouragement to me and to others! Love you so much and praying for strength! I can do all things through Christ who strengtens me! Phil 4:13. Can't wait to see you, and I will plan a family gathering this summer! The cousins need to hang out and laugh at each other!:) Keep seeking the Lord!:) He has the power in you, just have to keep tapping into it!
ReplyDelete