Saturday, April 16, 2011
Day +15
About a week earlier than expected, I am settled into a nice apartment listenening to laundry and enjoying samplings of groceries, of which I can taste either salty or sweet--it will come. Van has helped me figure out my deluge of medicines. Tricia will take over for awhile. I am so weak, but I have noticed improvements just today in independence. Aside from being worried that I will mess up my medicines, I am very anxious about sunlight. I have to wear sunscreen to go out of the house, and too much sunlight can trigger a very bad reaction. I'm hoping that the need for the extra caution will be unnecessary in six months or so. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying the space in the apartment, and I'm so weak that I don't feel like doing much of anything. I don't look much like myself, but I know that will return in a few months, too. I expect to go to the doctor's office about 3 times a week for blood levels and for transfusions. So far, my complaints have been small compared to most, but it is still hard. I'm so thankful for the caretakers and the people (like Van and all the other family) that shuffle things around to make this work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is such good news! I am so glad you're in an apartment. Van mentioned "the apartment" to me in a text earlier this weekend when I asked about you. I didn't make the connection until I read this! I am sending praises and prayers up for you this morning.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Jane
I may be dense, so sorry for a stupid question, just curious, why don't you look like yourself? outside of the hair loss, are there other changes? that would be unsettling for sure.
ReplyDelete