Dad, Mom and the kiddos came to the apartment today! I had bought some crazy-Target-Christmas-clearance toy items for no reason months ago, so Van brought those up in anticipation. The kids played and played, and hopefully Mom and Dad got a break. There is a great pool here. Almost a third of it is 6 inches, so Van took the kids swimming while the rest of us enjoyed the shade. There are some fountains attached to the pool that the kids whacked with fun noodles. Very fun. We worked on puzzles in the afternoon, and Zane amazed me with his imagination. I piled pillows on him on the couch--Van came and took one a second later, and Zane said, "Hey, why did you break my castle?" That kid cracks me up. Avi was all cuddles and very TWO, and Cade was simply adorable and talkative. It was so good to see my parents, too. Easy cheesy day that was beautiful. It was hard to say goodbye, but at least I will see them next Saturday. I was able to tell Cade that the worst was over and that we would get to see each other more often now and for longer periods.
My health is evening out. I still am amazed that I didn't need any platelet or blood transfusions and that my new bone marrow is mine and making the good stuff for me. The numbers on the lab reports continue to improve slowly, slowly. Each doctor visit is so long, dull, and encouraging. The skin around my eyes has been annoying, but we're working on it. I slept for the first time last night in a long time--at least 6 hours. Van said a sweet prayer over me, so you better believe I'm going to ask for that again tonight. One of my meds has been reduced, so I hope that is the one that is giving me grief. All the others I'll be on for a few months at least. I lost 10 pounds from Monday to Friday. That will make a person feel better!!!! I wore jeans for the first time today, so I'm feeling more like "me". I tease that I'm carb-loading for a marathon, eating every noodle and cereal in sight. I still am trying to figure out fitness and nutrition. The guidelines I'm used to just don't apply quite yet, but I had better figure something out soon because surely HGTV, noodles and my cute new jeans won't fit together long. The hardest thing is staying indoors and out of the sun. Couple that with avoiding crowds, and it can be tricky to know how to fill the day without completely boring my caretaker. I plan on using the sewing machine for a little project this week--we'll see if the energy holds out.
Our dear friend from near Utopia is coming tomorrow to spend the week with me. It will be great. Van and I are planning on finding an on-line church tomorrow to celebrate resurrection--so strange not to be a part of a community to celebrate, but I'm trying to walk in the Spirit (Romans 8).
I looked over the blog posts around +11 and a few days. I don't remember writing most of them! What a ride. That was rough, and I'm glad to be in today and not then!
So thankful for all the prayers, friendships and facebook/emails! It really helps us to stay connected. Important stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi there! I'll tell you a little secret. I could tell when you were out of it on those few days. hahaha And I'm grateful that you're feeling more like yourself now. Nothing makes you feel more like yourself than some really good sleep. Yay for good sleep!! I love your blogs, and I can't tell you how wonderful I think FB is. It really helps me to stay in touch with people... even those I haven't seen in years. From their posts, I get a glimpse at the good times and bad that are going on in everyone's life. I'm so happy that you had such an awesome day. And we wish you all a very Happy Easter! Love, Katherine
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter! So glad you got to visit with the children and your Mom and Dad. What a fun day for you. Praise the Lord for your healing! Love you lots. Gwen & Norm
ReplyDelete