We are thankful to report that as of last night the high fever/chill thing has abated. There is still much mystery into why this happened, but it seems to land more on the engrafting (maturing and "settling in" of the bone marrow stem cells). I have felt frustrated for the limitations of normal drugs because of interactions with other drugs that could normally solve a fever. Many of my side drugs have been changed, and then eliminated, and changed again based on any lab reports coming in. Besides feeling really lousy 70% of the day, I am just weak, and depending on the drug, tired, but in a no-sleep way during the day--most nights I'm getting some sleep now. I have a new rash over a good percentage of me, most likely from low platelets, but also with some new stuff from a small "rejection", which my doctor said a small amount good is and helpful. (It in no way indicates that the process is unsuccessful....it is a long process.)
We are also thankful to report that I do have a small white count that means that my donor's cells are finding there place in the bone. Tomorrow, I expect to get more platelets and some blood (haven't had the blood on this go round). I didn't expect the engrafting so soon, so although it is bringing it's own challenges, it seems like my mind can rest on that.
Van didn't feel good about the shape I was in this weekend, so he came back to stay with me Tues and Wed. He's a tough coach. He reminds me to eat, tells me to eat more, walks with me and physically stands there with a bottle of water until I take it. He also gets my toothbrush ready and finds my shoes under the bed. I'm proud of him.
I understand now more of the function of "the beast" for lung improvement mentioned before, and one of my sweet nurses help me write out a schedule that will help remind us all. The beast did get decorated as an elephant, but it is not cute, nor will it ever be.
Thank you for all your prayers, Be joyful in hope, patiend in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love you and continue to pray. I have no doubt prayers are being brought before God on your behalf, and that those prayers are being answered.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Jane
Hi there, we are thankful for this news, too. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All of Granny Ruth's girls found the most incredible, wonderful, patient, sweet and handy men we could have found as husbands. I don't believe any one of us could possibly have done better. They are some of the best men I know [along with our Dads and brothers ;)] Bless you, Van. I know you're exhausted, Susie, but keep pushing. :)
ReplyDelete