Wednesday, March 30, 2011

-2

My trusty IV pole is finishing up a plethora of chemistry. Yesterday, I was not too happy about some of the wacko-weird side effects, but after a few hours and some morphine I got some relief. The doctor that advised the drug was on my good side until today when he prescribed IV Benedryl (SLEEPY) at the exact same time as Lasix (HAVE TO GO NOW!). Mean, mean, mean. Van was trying to call me at the same time, and I was wrapped up in cords, tubes and trying to text him to hold the phone. As it happens, though, "this too shall pass" (he-heh), and the day is almost over.

Tomorrow should be a lighter, easier day. There are many in my hallway with much more to deal with, and that do not have the support that I have or know a kind, loving Father. I cherish the prayers, verses and kind words. I try to share your words to open hearts during the day, with God's grace. I feel very inadequate, but He is good.

3 comments:

  1. how do you and Van make this so amusing??? I am laughing and crying with you!!!!! Only Van--what is up with him and Indians? Didn't he have the story about cows and inappropriate conversations with a Hindu??? hee, hee!! Wish I could be there to rub those feet--or pay someone else to since we are American friends????? Jesus, let your love and grace continue to buffer this family--I pray for every loss that there would 7 fold gain and that you are glorified in my friend's suffering. Thanks for going ahead of her and for being her Good Shepherd. You give her encouragement and hope and strength--every day, Lord. Amen. I love you and miss you, Susan!!!! I am in to toilet papering dr.'s houses, and in this case the punishment would fit the crime... love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayin for you! Your amazing and I am inspired by your posts always. Your almost there girl:) yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not remember me, but I met you at the bone marrow donation at your church. Van and Burritt know each other. I also know Chantel Flynn and she passed your blog to me (our kids are in the same class together). I also know Holly Jahrmarkt and have been keeping her informed of your progress. She is praying for you and wants me to pass your blog on to her. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I look at your blog and pray for you often. I am especially praying for you for tomorrow. Burritt and I will be praying and fasting tonight and tomorrow and will be including your prayer need in our prayers.
    -Mindy Hess

    ReplyDelete