Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bag o' Gold

My favorite quotes from today:

Cade said,"How are you this spring day?"

Zane said,"On my birthday, I'm going to turn purple! Is that funny?"

Avi said, (indistinguishable babbles)..."Zaner's funny!" I said, "Yes he is. Is Avi funny?" She said, "No! Avi is pretty!"

My nurse said,"They're at 30,000!" and she did a happy dance. Just a bit ago I got the news that the platelet donation "stuck" and my counts went up. The sanctions still have not been lifted, but they should be in the morning. I have not been able to walk around --I literally got sent to my room-- or brush my teeth with anything other than the sponge-on-a-stick that they gave me among a couple of other annoyances. I have been able to watch youtube clips (ACU Spring Sing-I never knew what that was and now I do)and listen to my #1 Lady Detective on audio book.

So, thank you, Jesus! Thank you for healing platelets and all the people that worked so hard today to get them to me with joy. Lots of behind the scenes work with researching antigens and "refracting" platelets and phone calls. Lots of lab workers staring through microscopes, doing what would bore me to death, but God has given them a gift, and I like it! Lots of patient doctors and PAs working on stuff that I would need to go back to school to understand a tenth of it, but explaining it in a way that reassured me and helped me feel involved in the process. I am thankful for the donors that just showed up knowing that they are doing something good, but never knowing the full impact of their decision. I am thankful for a nurse that cheered me for two days straight (and I am thankful for the more "professional" care of the previous day ;P) and for her being able to see what a good, God-fearin' man I have and to encourage her to hold out for the best.

A very long day, but it ended up just right. The docs and PAs now know what kind of platelets I do well with and have double donation waiting if needed.

6 comments:

  1. Girl, girl, girl! A long day with an amazing ending. I will pray that you get sleep tonight! I love you and am amazed by your faith in the lord and your love for the lord! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA! YEA! YEA! So thankful! Thank you Jesus! Thank you doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!! Praise God!!!! I laughed out loud at your kids quotes. Hilarious. I meant to tell you that I was walking by Jack and Avi's room today, and I heard and big, boisterous laugh from jack. I peaked in, and jack was in his crib (right after nap) and avi was standing right by it doing or saying something to him with a big smile on her face. It was adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so happy to hear this wonderful news. And, I'm thankful for the exact same things as you. You even sound healthier in your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't ask for a better day than getting this wonderful news in our email this morning! Our God is an awesome God!
    Love the "quotes". Children are so special. Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete