Today has been a very busy, slow day. It began with platelets that didn't do the trick followed by two units of blood. The first bag of blood helped me feel better (probably boosted hemaglobin), and finally about 3:30 I was much less shakey-kneed and able to do laps in the hallway. It is important to keep moving when possible in this joint. Before that, I didn't move far from my bed because I promised my nurse that I wouldn't faint on her. It's 6:00 now, and as I write this I am getting the second round of platelets of the day. The hardest part of the day was trying to be patient while at the same time being very sleepy--a lot of blood pressure checks. I'm given Benedryl to minimize allergic reaction to the blood products. I probably got a 10-15 minute nap all day (and that is after a late night of platelets + the usual interruptions) so I feel sleep deprived.
I've watched more tv on the computer today than I have in a long time. I found the Dog Whisperer on Hulu. I figure it will help me know how to make my IV pole behave in the hallway. It does not lead me, I lead it. It is only allowed to sniff at other poles once, and then we move on. So far the training is going well, with only a few embarassing encounters.
I'm so thankful for all of you praying. I'm also thankful for those who have been able to love on my family in various forms. I love hearing back about the delicious food and sweet conversations. Kiddos are doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying! Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteYou need to train the pole now, or it'll be harder later on!
ReplyDeleteStill praying, girl!!
Watch out if your pole it ever gets two bags... It can get a big head and you have to show it who is leader of your pack all over again. You can be dominant with love though. tsst tssst
ReplyDelete