Today is 8 days before the transplant day. I had some nice quiet time today before the central line was placed around noon, an especially hard process for me. It was done in an operating room with all the bells and whistles. Not fun, but I am grateful for it. After I recovered from that and had a 2:00 breakfast, I met a patient in the hallway that has her transplant tomorrow. It was really nice to talk with her, and I walked A LOT just so I could encourage/be encouraged. I've had some pre-meds for tomorrow's chemo. The nurse and I dropped the pill cup, but I caught the cup with one hand and the two pills with the other! How's that for "I do my best work under pressure." I had some last minute nervousness about this whole transplant business, and my doctor, MY DOCTOR, not the doctor down the hall came by to soothe fears. What a dear man. I wonder if he knows what a big impact that made.
So...I'm prepped and ready to go! I read this morning from the end of Deut. where God shows Moses the Promised Land and then Joshua takes the reins and is told, "Be strong and courageous and do not be afraid," because the Lord is with him. I know that there is a much bigger picture in it than me in this day, something about the redemption of the world ;), but in such a significant time in our lives, I can't help but picture God showing us the Promised Land and handing us the swords to conquer it. And then, I imagine God going before us so that we can lay down our swords and follow Him. That's the image I'm holding on to today.
Van sent me a photo of Cade and his classmates working the parachute at his PE program. Mom said that he was so excited that he even tucked his shirt in!!! There is also a book fair at the school tonight, and he had several books picked out. He picked out some for his brother and sister, too. "Zane really wants 'Olivia', but I think we should get him 'The Hampster's Hot Rod'." Poor Van will have to do some negotiating tonight, because I know there will not be a blank check for our six-year-old! That said, I love the fact that he enjoys books so much. He reads before bed using the crib light from when he was a baby, and he has about five books in his backpack that he totes to school every day. That makes me so happy. It is so wonderful to have Mom and Dad at the house with Van so that each lap is filled with kiddos and piles of books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fear not for he is with you!
ReplyDeleteSending our love and saying prayers.
I read your posts to Marty. He took Cooper and Conrad to see your sweet husband today for a check-up. Marty said Van's doing good - a little frazzled, but good. I glad to read the computer is such a help. I'm so thankful that Katherine and Isaac used Skype so much when Isaac was in Iraq. That's where the idea came from to get you a computer for this "deployment". God uses so many things in so many ways - who would have thought of this one other than Him!
ReplyDeleteLove you so very much,
Jane
Hello again,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the insight on Deut. I just finished a study of it along with Lev., and Numbers. I never thought they could be so neat. What a wonderful relationship that Moses had with our God. Check out John 16:33. In a recent sermon I have read John 17. It is awesome chapter and display of a great prayer.
We will continue to keep you in our prayers and your family as well.
Bob and Emily Lewis
P.S. Not sure if you knew or not, so here is some encouragement. The school I mentioned in my other post. I am enrolled in the Brown Trail Sochool of Preaching. Full-time student and preaching right now in town of Itasca.
Susan, God is present and glorified in you!!! Grace and peace to buffer the yuck and compassion to sustain you--all found in the cross. I put you there and find that you are worshipping--I love you! Wendy
ReplyDelete