Monday, August 3, 2009

Prayer is the Plan

Tomorrow is our big day. At 2:00 we meet with the doc in Temple. Van wisely asked me what I am hoping to hear from him. This stumped me pretty well, because I am torn between knowing that God can heal me from the get-go, and having seen the photos of my damaged bone marrow. So, in shaky faith, I am hoping to hear, "There's nothing wrong with you. Get out of here and go home to chase some children."

We're asking everyone to pray tomorrow--big time. Remember the petitions that we send around asking for a speed bump on our street or something like that? I'm asking you to "sign" the petition to the Father asking for my healing knowing that He is a fixer of brokenness. At 6:30 we are gathering with a small group to ask again. And we are asking yet again with our church elders on Wednesday.

We have been trying to not get to much ahead of ourselves in planning for being hospitalized or whatever "ifs" arise. Prayer is our plan.

4 comments:

  1. And a good plan it is! I am faithfully thinking they will tell you that a bone marrow transplant is not in your immediate future. It CAN happen! Consider the petition signed and delivered!!
    Hugs, G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Father IS a loving healer of brokenness. We will be petitioning Him today and everyday until your healing on your sweet, precious family's behalf. Van & Susan, Cade, Zane & Avi ~ we love you and lift you up continuously. We are here if you need anything.

    Russell, Donnis, Ian & Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog from Facebook. I will be praying today. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rest assured, you are all in my prayers. love - katherine

    ReplyDelete