Avi took down 2+ ounces of formula! I stood to hold her and she drank it down like a little goat with her chin way up in the air. Then, Van sat her up on the couch, and she drank some more. She is also preferring to gum down solid green beans, bananas and muffins (!) rather than baby food mush. Go figure.
All of us are under one roof tonight. I don't think that any of us like to be apart for very long, although Cade asked me to go to a store tomorrow so that he can have special time with Daddy. I understand--I married a good man. I'm going to take the opportunity to buy some zebra fabric and re-cover a chair. The giraffe print is pretty cool and matches our decor a little better, but it is just hard to beat zebra.
We're taking little steps here and there to get ready for the transition, although we're still not sure what to expect. The speed at which this is happening is crazy fast. My sister has already Fed-Exed the goods back to UT Southwestern.
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." Phil 4:8 I've been trying to filter my thoughts through this. I'm trying to highlight the sweet part of the day instead of the difficult encounter or sadness. I never can remember quite how the verse goes, so I try to think about if my thoughts are helpful or harmful and if it is all about me and my little world or the Father. Our lesson on Sunday included the question, "If all your prayers were answered, would your world change, or would THE WORLD change?" Oooohhh, good one, Jim.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for Avi!
ReplyDeleteI understand how hard it is to stay positive when things seem to be tumbling down around ones ears. Looking at the good part of the day certainly helps. One day at a time.
Zebra sounds good.
Big hugs. Gwen