Thursday, August 13, 2009

A bit of normal

The kids and I have been at the house a lot lately. Zane, Avi and I all managed to get a cold, but it isn't too bad. I have felt however, that I put down one child just to pick up another. Despite the cold, my blood counts are stable. We are thankful. We haven't been able to go to our usual places (YMCA, church, children's museum, etc.), but when we have gotten out for a drive, Zane (who does not speak much--at least not much that we can understand) yells, "OTHER WAY! OTHER WAY!" I'm not sure exactly where he is trying to go, but it is hilarious.

Avi is very proud of her crawling and can now get half of herself up onto a floor pillow or dig in her toy basket. She regularly checks under the kitchen table for stray Cheerios, and I'm afraid she finds more than that.

Cade, ah, sweet Cade...We are butting heads a lot. I tell myself each morning to just love on him, but it doesn't take long before we are at odds. He has so many great ideas that involve destruction or injury. The genius in him can design such wonderful gadgets, but the four-year-old in him cannot predict the outcome. This morning, he wanted to swing from his monkey tail (my velvet belt) that he had secured to the top of the bunk bed. I asked him not to, but when I was out of sight, he made his move. A piercing scream followed. He was devastated that his monkey tail broke. I was so relieved.

Although this week has been more normal than the past few weeks because we are simply praying for healing and waiting on the bone marrow biopsy results, I've been thinking a lot about a song that was stuck in my head during the 2004-2005 ordeal. We were given the opportunity to sing it the other night while we were gathered at a friend's house for prayer, so I have a copy of the song sheet in front of me thanks to my organized friends:

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord blessed be Your name

2 comments:

  1. This song has been a great comfort to me - I am thankful it has for you, too! And for another song reference, "the waiting is the hardest part"! Praying for and with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what children can dream up to do and more amazing that they usually make it through all their adventures. It's the poor parents that turn gray! Glad the count is staying stable. Praying for positive results on the test!

    Hugs to all. Gwen

    ReplyDelete