Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I35 (in the other direction)

We met with the myleodysplasia doc in Temple today. Very kind and capable. He instructed me to start exercising again and to not lose weight. Guess which one of these is the easiest. He also made a big deal about patient advocacy in working with insurance.

He is referring us to a bone marrow transplant specialist at UT Southwestern in Dallas who is his favorite in the country. We should have an appt next week. In the meantime, we are having weekly blood draws and lots of prayer.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm praying for peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for your healing. Thanks for the upates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying!! God is at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the new doctor. That's important. Seems like he gave you good advise. My doctor told me, after my cancer surgery, that if I was gaining weight he knew I was healthy. So, go have a big old milk shake!

    We will be holding you close in prayer and looking forward to positive news from the next doctor appointment. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for keeping us updated. I am praying for your complete healing.

    ReplyDelete