Somewhere in I Peter the Bible says, "Cast your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." We did not receive the miracle of healing that we were asking for. The diagnosis of MDS sticks, confirmed by a second bone marrow biopsy. So, we are headed to UT Southwestern in Dallas to consult with a bone marrow transplant specialist (next week?). I told Van that it is hard to find the silver lining in this one, but he responded that this cruddy illness is completely curable with the tough treatment. Oh, goody. Really, though, I'm glad he can be positive and hopeful. That will help us all get through this. Now we are not only asking God for merciful healing but also to be with our family during what will certainly be a challenging time.
All the troops waiting for action can contact Carrie D. to sign up for babysitting. Thanks, y'all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please contact me, everyone. I will be calling Susan to see what is needed. We love you, Susan!!
ReplyDeletesusan,
ReplyDeletei am sorry to hear that the diagnosis still stands. In the moment, I sure do wish that His ways are not higher; things seem to make more sense sometimes in my mind. Only is it in the hind sight that His grandeur and perfection are made clear. Praying blessings over you guys from Iowa. I wish that I could virtually babysit or something. How long of a process is it to get a match for the transplant? After the transplant, is there radiation involved? You are a WONDERFUL wife and mother and a BEAUTIFUL woman.
blessings,
amanda
Susan,
ReplyDeleteI luv you and I miss your smile and I would luv to babysit anytime if u need me to. Be strong!