Friday, November 9, 2012

Woe is me, me, me

Our friend is a Godsend. Not only does she put on my children's shoes to get them out the door quickly on a school morning (before she has to get out to her work herself), but she also does thoughtful things like switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer and fill up sippy cups from the now-no-doubt-about-it spoiled children. She is also a great listener and wise. Sweet lady came in very handy this week. I can't imagine how hard it would have been if we had still been in the neat little cabin on our own. I suppose it would have been like our baby girl innocently said out of the blue the other day, "Mama, what would happen if I pooped on the ceiling fan? Hee-hee!" Yep. Monday I woke up with an upset stomach. No biggie. Rest, rest. Video for child. Tuesday, a little tired. Rest, rest. Cancelled pulmonary rehab. Got the oil changed. Voted with kids in tow because it will be awhile before they will see another one that is so well publicized. I had warned them to use their library voices and to keep right with me. We happened to be at the most raucous voting site where the volunteers cheered for first time voters and handed out candy to my little ones. They lined them up for "I voted today" stickers. Rest, rest. Wednesday, more tired. Coughing begins. Rest, rest. Baked a cake mix with Avi. Haircuts for our shag-a-muffins. Rest, rest. Went to bed before we knew who was to be president. Thursday, ah, Thursday. Did not want to get out of bed. I finally did just enough to get boys to school. As soon as the cold air hit me, I got 30 minutes of chills, even after getting under a warm blanket. Avi and I made it to Walgreens to get Cade photos for his "Star Student of the Week", but was blasted tired in doing it. This is not good. I cancelled pulmonary rehab again. I caught a friend in the parking lot to take Avi into Parents Day Out for me. How lazy am I? I was lazy enough to cancel all errands for the day except for taking our sons Sonic chili cheese dogs for Cade's birthday up to the school. God must have known that I was doing this, and had pre-ordained a good friend who happens to have children that like our children sit at the same table. God is good like that. ;) She offered to pick up Avi from Parent's Day Out. I said yes because I just felt so tired and didn't want to put in another video for my girl (who happened to eat NINE fruit snack pouches the last time I slept while she watched a video). Vitamin C. I asked Van to meet with the house finisher to select where to put towel racks. I had once had an opinion about towel racks, but not that day. Slept the afternoon away waking every few minutes. Weird! Picked up the boys and barked at them, but thankfully, they were better behaved than I was and were forgiving. Iced a cake with Zaner. Cade put on the topper (Storm tropper that shot things?) and they shared poking in the candles. I picked up Avi and one of Cade's friends that lives next to our new house for his mini-birthday party. (Although, this would have been fine in itself, we'll celebrate a little bigger at Great Wolf Lodge with family for combined birthdays.) I was pretty much spent for the day. I'll tell you more about his party in the next post. I didn't want to get off the couch for the candle lighting or singing happy birthday, but I did. Van and our friend ran the whole show, and they did an excellent job and made our kids and Cade's friend feel important. The kiddos had a great time at the little party, and Cade's friend's parents picked up the precious boy. Finally, we took my temperature. Van freaked and was ready to take me to the clinic. I just wanted to go to bed. Sleep can cure most anything, and doctors are the pits. Well, I was wrong, and Friday, this morning, my temperature was even higher at 103.3, and I could tell that Van wasn't about to compromise and that I had better do what he said. He and my friend got the boys ready for school. We went to the clinic to get my vitals. Every blasted one of them was bad, so I promptly shut up and onto the ER we went (stopping by Panera to get an excellent peach smoothie--priorities-- and Van knew to do what I SAID at that point). The people at the ER are so efficient, and I was impressed. Van deposited Avi back at her friend's house (bless you, friend!), packed bags for me and our children, did a bunch of other stuff, and met his sister in Hillsboro to hand our children to her--they have been wanting to do this for so long that they won't think of poor puny mama, they are with Aunt Amy who is fun on wheels and Tye who is precious with them. I have mixed feelings that he did all of this on his day off, but I sure needed it. After a whole host of IV antibiotics (mind you, my normal weekly regimine includes 3 types of antiobitic pills and an antifungal) the fever is broken and I feel a ton better. People have been telling us about Duck Dynasty for a while now, and tonight happends to be a marathon. I'm enjoying it. I grew up country, but this is way more country. My people, especially on Mom's side, can tell you stories of this, but I'm so glad that there is real life living proof of this culture. So stinkin' fun. Tomorrow should be much less eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment