Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lazy, Hazy day

I blame the steroids. Glad to be weaning off of them, but I'm feeling the effects. Avi suggested candy this afternoon, and I was more than willing to get into our stash of M&Ms! My lungs are still struggling, especially up inclines. I hope and pray that by Oct 1 I'll be back to "normal" activity and can show off to the doctor. In the meantime, I'm fakin' it til I make it, by God's grace. I'm asking the Lord to help me see beauty in the midst of chaos. Today, it was easy because it was quiet and Avi was content with her little toys, blankets and watercolors. It gets much harder when someone is screaming in the backseat when trying to order at the drive-thru. Cade and Zane are at their 2nd day of school. Our school is a really good fit for our family. Such patient and kind teachers! I am amazed how much the children learn in just a short amount of time. Today has been a low-energy day for me, so I re-learned from Sid the Science Kid (PBS)that granite is an igneous rock and came from volcanoes, so it is okay that the laundry is still in the baskets. I am SO THANKFUL for my friend and her team of four that scrub our house down every other week.

No comments:

Post a Comment