Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'll take some of that good with a swig of the bad

In a nutshell: The steroids may be doing more hard than good at this point, weakening the muscles around the lungs which inhibits my breathing further. So...I get to start tapering again! In a few weeks, I'll just be on a maintenance dose! Woo-hoo! Mom is in town for the next couple of days helping us hold it all together (fitting soccer shoes on two wiggly boys at Academy, etc.) while I can catch my breath and get a plan in place for pulmonary rehab. She the coolest.

I've lost a lot of weight, but it is impossible to tell because I'm sooooo poofery. Frustrating. I'm watching sodium intake---the trickiest diet I've ever been on. Naked foods straight from the grocery store and smoothies straight from the drive-thru seem to work. Sad thing is that it is muscle weight, and I'm weak and slow. Literally, the my sweet old lady friends at church are cruising past me. I say, good for them. Watch out ladies; in a few weeks you'll have to pick up the pace again.

Eyes are still crazy dry, but they have gone to the back burner for now.

As a church and as a family, we're attempting to focus on prayer right now for those who don't know Jesus and for those around us who are hurting.

The kids are loving having Grandmother here to have their favorite foods and look up important things like blue indigo snakes and tsunamis vs. hurricanes on the internet. Van seems more realaxed, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment