Thursday, August 11, 2011

My newest gripe

Evidently most of us carry around a virus called CMV. This isn't a problem unless you are immuno-compromised, which I am in some ways. My CMV level rose a couple of months ago and we battled it down to almost nothing, but in the last week, it has shot up again, and we have to start the treatment over. This began with a crazy expensive drug that we struggled to get approved by insurance(again) and dispensed (again), and now that I have a bottle full of it, it has been discontinued until I finish a regimen of....sigh....at-home iv drug (again). Yuck and double-yuck. This takes an hour in the morning and an hour at night, and I have to sit still. This puts extra work on Van, and he works hard enough as it is. Although I don't question the necessity of preventing infection from the CMV, the side-effects that slow the healing progress are frustrating, and I'll have extra visits to Dallas to monitor the infection.

This has been the biggest disappointment in awhile, and it is hard to bounce back. We ask prayers for healing from the CMV and trust that the Lord is listening.

The next post will have some updates on kiddos and such, but I just felt like griping only, and they have been a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment