Friday, July 15, 2011

A Salute!

I turned in the apartment keys this morning grateful to the kind manager of the complex and to the housekeeper who gave me a departing hug. (She had also left me a note in the apartment blessing my family the last time she had cleaned which was really touching.) I went from there to the valet parking crew at the doctor's office. They were all smiles greeting me like old friends, and I went through the double doors to the ladies wearing brown jackets eagerly awaiting those needing wheel chairs who cheerfully greeted me, too. Mind you, this is one of the biggest buildings known to man. The ladies at the front desk greeted me by name, and on and on it goes.... On one hand, it is a bit depressing to be recognized so easily at what can be a bad-news facility, but they have all done this from day one, and treat each patient with kindness and gentleness. So, I salute you THOSE-WHO-MAKE-THE-WORLD-A-BRIGHTER-PLACE!

Kiddos are having a blast in Utopia. I really liked them being at VBS and being loved on by the same folks who have loved on me and my folks for years.

My doctor's appointment went well. I have a low-grade fever and a high pulse rate, but otherwise am pretty doggone good. I get to skip coming to Dallas next week, and will just have labs in Waco. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment