Saturday, May 19, 2012
A lovely Saturday
Van took me to Dallas ysterday, and Zane and Avi stayed with his mama while my mama took care of the homefront and transported Cade to and from school. It takes a village. Everyone had Shipley's kolaches, and that takes the edge off. My doc and PA conferred with many more docs, and they all decided to treat my lung issue as Graft vs. Host disease (instead of just waiting for pneumonia to clear up). GVH can reduce the elasticity of the lungs. A Fightin' Texas Aggie would say, "That's bad bull, Ags." I was put on a high dose of steroids (sigh...I was so close to being weaned off of them entirely), and a combination of three other drugs that have shown really great results in other patients. Also, there is hope on the horizon for mis ojos. There exists, somewhere in the great U.S. of A. new technology that allows a contact lens to cover the entire exposed part of the eye preventing this drying out and decomposition that can follow. It is also possible to produce a "serum" made from my own blood and put into little bottles for me to use as eye drops. They call it "snake oil" and sell it for $50 a pop. A bargain, really. For real, though, one or both of those options may work out. The docs and insurance are working on it. I go back to a special specialist on Thursday in Dallas to especially talk about the GVH in the lungs and have a new CT and breathing tests done. Oooohhhh....I hope I pass! Not sure how to study for this one... The last two days I've seen much improvement. Again, not sure if it is the one dose of the treatment regimine or the grace of God, or Him exhibiting his mercy through treatment...I still haven't teased it all out, but I will give him much thanks for being able to pick up a fallen Cheerio or holler across the house. It's the little things.
My friend down the road treated my kids to swimming and me to a delicious poolside lunch today. Her son and Cade are classmates. She took care of us all and refilled my diet coke while timing the oven for the cookies. Luxury.
All of a sudden we have an almost framed house, and many windows and doors. Van is in charge of picking out faucets, and he chose well. We selected a stain for the beams, a color for the metal roof, and a trim color today while Mom managed the kids and "Air Buddies". Whew! I'm putting myself in charge of picking out the bathtub--that is all that really matters. :) It is looking so very pretty. At the same time, it is really weird not buying the faucets at the Mercy Mission Evangelical Jump Rope for Diabetes garage sale, and stressful. I was able to walk up the steps to our prayer room, and that was really nice. I've had two healthier days in a row now. We reported to the kids that they have windows in their rooms now, and they were very excited. I described the pantry to Zane, and his eyes got big and round. "A special place just for FOOD?" I might need to hang a bell on that doorknob!
I'm thinking that I'll be able to go to church tomorrow. That will be so nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment