Monday, April 16, 2012

Mr. Bossypants was right

So after a couple of weeks of coughing and shortness of breath, Van, Mr. Bossypants, makes me go the doctor. I was low on oxygen, so now I'm at the hospital with a bull-like ring of tubing in my nostrils, and guess what? It helps! Now, we're searching out the origin of the problem. All of the super scary stuff is ruled out, and they are going to scope me in the morning (Tue) to see what lies beneath. I've got a pneumonia on my right lower lobe- the lung, not the ear or any fatty parts of the cow in the old testament. Oh...that would be why it is sore--not a bruised rib from coughing...silly me. Van says I was stubborn, but really and truly I thought I was just being a wimp and feeling sorry for myself. I guess I had an excuse this time and maybe, just maybe should have gone to the clinic sooner.

What else? Oh, the boys dissected the boo-boo bunnies that I made them for Easter. (I know that bunnies have nothing to do with Jesus rising from the dead, but they are cute and springy!) They are now "Blankie" and "Winkie" and have had a lot more play than most washcloths. Winkie helped pick up toys the other day, and it was an amazing feat for a washcloth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Mr. Bossypants dragged you and that you are in good hands. Praying for quick healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a quick recovery, sweet Susan :). You're just like my mom--she got fussed at by her doc for not being more of a wimp! :) So proud of you, friend!

    ReplyDelete