Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blessed and overflowing

What a great weekend. My brother-in-law traveled to worked from "home" in Waco so Tricia could take care of my children for my Dallas trip. Cade had school, but my little ones and Trish's homeschoolers went to the zoo. Oh, and they broiled, yes broiled, the cupcakes for me. Ha!

My trip on Friday went well, but I sure was tired and sick to my stomach after all that was done to help me. The CMV is down to 1 positive cell, and platelets were at 20, which is better than last week's 19 if you squint your eyes. I came home and happily crashed while the other 3 adults took care of me and the 6 precious kids. After putting them in bed, my sis and I finished assembling the Lego cupcakes, Lego man water bottles and treat bags. This kind of stuff is my manna with the highlight of talking with my sis at the same time, so it was great. The next day, I didn't feel much better, but I was so excited to throw everyone in the car with the cupcakes and party favors to head back to I35 and LEGOLAND. Van drove, I slept, and the kids played and watched a DVD. We met up with Van's mom, her husband, Van's sister and son, Tye. It had been about 7 years since Tye (Amy's 11-yr-old) and Daniel (12-yr-old) had seen each other, and Legoland was a good time for both of them. It was so good to have just about all of Cade's cousins together in one place. We partied hard, grabbed some grub in the food court, and with our ears and eyes ringing with overload, moved the party to a park. We froze our tails off in the wind, but the kids could have cared less, rolling down the hill and watching airplanes. Gil and Trish took most of the kids that time in their van while Avi and I slept in the other car. We made it back home for me to again crash while others filled in the gaps. Sweet Van took the clearance glow-in-the-dark silly string out for a battle between the cousins. Somehow, we need at least one good organized fight each time we get together!

Right now, I'm finishing this up to watch mass on tv, and I'll see if our church's ustream is up and going later. My stomach isn't normal, but I'm hoping the effects of Friday's treatments will be done in the next couple of hours. Van took our little ones to Sunday school, and I'm hoping he'll feel rest, too, today. The Lord is good. He provides for us in our need, and blesses us on top of that with sweet family.

No comments:

Post a Comment