Friday, October 7, 2011

H-E-B, yea you know me

Our HEB gas station has a special now for 11 cents off of gasoline. That has been helpful this week! I spent some donut/kolache time with kiddos this morning before heading out, saying goodbye to my folks, and going to Dallas. I received the iv drug to prevent CMV, and the platelet count is at 30. I'll recheck here in Waco on Monday to see if the platelets are steady. The steroids were reduced, so hopefully that will reduce the risk of the CMV popping up. I go back to Dallas next Thurs. The inside of our minivan is a science experiment of crumbs and various sticky stuff on the windows. Ew. Maybe tomorrow I'll be grossed out enough to take action.

Mom and Dad passed the torch to Van's mom around noon, and they evidently had quite the Nerf gun war. (The kids and DeMerle, not my parents and DeMerle!) I got home around 5:30 or so, a little before Van. He's a bit under the weather, so we ordered some pizza and watched some very loved-on kiddos play with balloons and toys while we pushed our eye lids open. Yesterday, Van decided that it would be great to donate blood and then go for a run. He couldn't figure out why his feet looked so white, and then remembered. Not his best idea.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your family is able to chip in with "chores" and kids. You continue to be in our prayers. Would love to hear from DeMerle while she is close by and catch up. Tell her we are grandparents now. Natalie and Seth have 10mo old Henry.

    ReplyDelete