Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Typical Tuesday on the horizon

Up at 2:00 am finishing up some homemade veggie soup, Mexican style. That's what steroids do! These steroids give me energy, but weaken me at the same time. I'm on steroids to battle some Graft vs. Host disease, which is not unusual. Van did some research and although all docs are different, I will probably have another 6 weeks of steroids? Otherwise we are hanging steady. My last platelet transfusion was on Wed., and my Monday count was 20. My Dallas doctor is "cautiously optimistic" that the platelets will slowly rise on their own without more transfusions. I return on Thursday for another check up. Right now, I'm on the edge of a safe level. CMV is still negative. Praise God.

It felt really good to fix breakfast, load the dishwasher and take 4 of us for flu shots. Normal mom stuff. The kiddos were so brave, and kudos to Ms. Jennifer for the dispension. No tears at all. We went to HEB for an extra prize because I felt bad that they couldn't have the flu mist because it is a live virus & bad for me. Cade settled on a little Lego vehicle, Avi picked purple play-doh, and Zane (you guessed it) a bag of balloons. I was rewarded with a zucchini and some cauliflower for Van. I should have thought through that better!

We enjoyed a play-date at Chuck-E-Cheese. The kids skipped around while my friend and I pieced together whole sentences. After that, our family had a normal supper (thank you, HEB meal deal!), and the kids and Van wrestled. Good times.

Tomorrow is a school day for Cade and parent's day out, and I actually don't want to drop off my children because I miss them(but they will be ready)! I will however, because I have to go to a shoe store, and the last time I went in, I couldn't get Avi away from the purple pumps. She got so mad at me that she tore off her diaper and started to run around, totally out of character. Let's not repeat that scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment