Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day by Day Sheeps

Ever heard this song?

Day By Day
by Bill Cantos

Day by day you reveal your love to me.
Cradled in you're arms I am
A precious lamb, a diamond in you're eye.

Day by day you reveal your love.
Day by day you reveal your love.
I am a precious, a precious lamb, a diamond in you're eye

Or,
I Am a Sheep
by Dennis Jernigan

I am a sheep and the Lord is my shepherd
Watching over my soul.
My soul to keep guarding over me ever,
Watching wherever I go.

And when the winds blow He is my shelter!
And when I'm lost and alone He rescues me!
And when the Lion comes He is my victory!
Constantly watching over me!
He is constantly watching over me!

We are his children and he is our Father
Watching over our souls.
Great is His love for His sons and His daughters,
Watching wherever we go.

This week we have literally taken it one day at a time, and God has carried or dragged me reluctantly through it telling me that He is with me and won't let me go. (Hope that makes sense.) I got more platelets (Have I mentioned how much I love blood donors?) and got looked over again. I go back again on Friday to see if my platelets are picking up on their own and to get an iv for the non-existent virus so it won't come back and bite me on the rear. The days are long, and I miss my family. I literally worked a a part time job this week with a long commute. (That is if you can count paying bills, playing on the computer and receiving warm blankets from nurses a job...maybe I exaggerated.) There is much hope on the horizon, however, and I really really think (for the reals) that this is our last greatest hurdle.

By the way, when I change Avi's bed, she gets a little upset that I'm taking her "sheeps".

2 comments:

  1. You continue to be in my prayers friend- including prayers for life to be back to normal SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stories. You should be a writer. I'm thankful for the doctors that understand all of this, because it is indeed, confusing. I mean, I get it, yet I know, there is sooo much more to it. That's why I'm thankful for them. I am also thankful for computers, so that you can keep us in the loop. And, I'm thankful for your strength. I know that God is there for you in every way. Still, I think your strength through all of this is quite remarkable. In the meantime, I'm still praying, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete