Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a new kink in the wire

It is days like this that make it hard to remember how far we have come. I have a blood clot in my leg that will make life more complicated for awhile. The troops are on their way. Mom and Dad (as well as Van's mom next week) are back at it. Humbling. Van had to cancel his conference (and fishing) plans in Jackson Hole for tomorrow. I was so sad for him to have to do this. There will be other opportunities, I know, but he could have really used some mountains and quiet.

I'm pretty puny with the leg swollen up, my bladder infection, and the effects of coming off of the steroid. Today, I was also just so bummed that Van ran the show, made a thousand telephone calls and filled sippy cups by himself while I read books and watched cartoons with kids. It was so great for him to be home to do this, but it was really tough, too, especially in the morning. We did better in the afternoon when we had a little bit of a plan. Cade played with Legos for nearly an hour without moving, and Zane was on his airplane (one of two--the other is at the 'mchanic) working on the motor with his baby racoon. Avi slept for a blissful 2 1/2 hours, and woke up happy.

We have to remember that these are temporary setbacks, and that we've made it through the big stuff as well as some recent big treatments. Bumps in the road. We are so thankful for family and friends and the Lord who brings us together. We pray for healing and for joyful hearts who seek His kingdom first.

No comments:

Post a Comment