Monday, February 21st is the big day for me to begin the bone marrow transplant process. My health has declined, although it is difficult to tell besides a few annoying side effects and being tired. The 9/10 donor is also gearing up with tests and such. Millions of people are on the bone marrow registry, and one guy was a match for me. That makes me very thankful and mindful of a God who cares about the details right down to DNA. I am also thankful for the man who stepped forward for a cheek swab "just in case" he could save a life. I'm thankful to all of you who have done the same. I've been told over and over of the numerous people who have donated bone marrow who registered on my behalf. That is very cool and humbling.
I've stepped back from most extra-curricular responsibilities and most social fun-stuffs to pour into my family and take care of business around here. I'm realizing that there is no way to have everything prepared for my 3 month absence. There is only so many diapers and toilet paper that will fit into a closet, so we're once again calling in reinforcements. A good friend is setting up a care calendar for meals for my family. I'll put that info in the next post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really hate the thought that you are going through this! That being said, I also know there are reasons beyond our knowledge and that faith sees us through so much. I understand the frantic thought of "getting things ready" for those who will help during your absence. Take time to "smell the roses" all that other stuff can and will be done by others. Know that you are loved by many, including us, and that prayers are being sent heavenward in your behalf. Love you bunches.
ReplyDelete