While Avi was in the bathtub and Zane was determined to be the one to wash her hair, I finally got the phone call. In between screams I learned:
The 10/10 person didn't pan out, so we're probably going with the 9/10 person. The doc said that the 9/10 person is a good match. I have a bone marrow biopsy on Mon or Tue, and I have a doctor visit on June 3 (don't know times yet). The doc really wants to look under the microscope again before doing a transplant. I won't have any more info than that before tomorrow. It might be a few more weeks before we have a plan. (Seems like I've said that before.) At least the paint cans got deposited.
We moved Zane's Ear appointment to today at 3:15 because he has been waking up in the middle of most nights with ear pain, and we don't want to wait any longer if ear tubes could help him. We're concerned that it also may affecting his hearing and speech.
In all of this, we are once again challenged with where we put our trust. We decided from the get-go that we put our trust in the Lord and His healing power, and that we and the medical community are in His hands.
We ask you to continue praying about Zane and me, and pray big. Our God is perfectly capable of taming a storm.
Van has a vacation day tomorrow, so we are headed to Utopia. He also has some vacation/CME days scheduled for this summer, but it has been hard to figure out where to go and who all is going given my uncertain health status. At the very least, it will involve a mountain range and my rugged man, though.
In the midst of our mess, our sweet kiddos are growing. Avi is very much into her shoes, and insists on wearing them from the moment she wakes up. She doesn't care if she is just in a diaper, the shoes must be on. She also loves to carry around little board books and talk about what is in them. Avi's learning how to hang with her brothers now that she can climb onto the couch. She joines them in their blanket/pillow/stuffed animal adventures. Zane is in the middle of things, too, with a fist full of coins that he carries around night and day. A couple of minutes ago in the middle of this pile, Cade asked me, "Mom, can I have a match so I can blow this sucker up?" And the day begins....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying praying praying.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jessica
Praying big! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou remain in our daily prayers. Love you! (And your kids crack me up =)
ReplyDelete