Monday, May 24, 2010

Enjoying the Journey While Waiting for Breakthrough

I went to Dallas today for a bone marrow biopsy. Yesterday, a dear friend prayed that there would not be any pain. For some reason, this had never occurred to me, and this was by far the smoothest procedure to date. The only pain I felt were the pricks of lidocaine. On the way up, I listed to an incredible sermon by Bill Johnson that had some amazing healing testimonies, and while waiting the extra hour for the biopsy I spent some time in the book The Spiritual Disciplines by Foster. The former talked about enjoying the journey while waiting for the breakthrough, and the chapter that I was reading was about Christian meditation. Needless to say by the time the PA arrived, I was prepared for a victory. The kiddos were with an incredible babysitter in Waco. It was so nice to have her take care of them for the day. They visited (and tried to capture) her fish and had some lunch at Pei Wei.

We went to Utopia this weekend for some great time with family. There never seems to be quite enough time for us to do everything we would like. This trip's highlight was Van and Gil taking the kiddos fishing at a friend's dock while the rest of us watched Avi and took care of lunch up the stairs under the shelter. It was great. Tricia and Carly found a great stash of fossils along the creek, so we collected while Avi sat and patted the water at the edge. Cade discovered the hard way how to identify leeches and Zane forgot to wait for a swimsuit before getting in the creek, but all in all it was pretty neat. All 12 of us loaded up in Dad's truck, most of us soaking wet with caliche smears and pockets full of fossils for a sightseeing trip up the mountain.

The previous day Van had a great kayaking trip down the Sabinal and saw wild hogs and a huge owl, so I felt like he actually vacationed on his vacation day. Later, he bought a beautiful watercolor of the upper Sabinal that my aunt painted. He has looked in half the art galleries in Texas, and he finds the one that he wants in my hometown. Van teases that he married me for my location. Works for me.

I'll go back to Dallas June 3 for results and a chat. Thanks for praying. The Lord is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment