Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Preparing for a transplant while planning for a miracle

My mind is split a bit. I'm attempting to make preparations for a March transplant, all the while expecting my Rider on the white horse to come and save me. Our 10/10 match has been delayed for some reason, and my white blood cell count is down. (If your child has a fever, it is best to keep them home because the elderly and people in my shoes that have immune system issues have bigger consequences.) This is a bit discouraging, and I have to admit that our family has had a case of the grumpies. All that said, I am getting in the mood to get this over with!

The Miracle Match Marathon is coming up this weekend. Van is running in the marathon. You read that right! I am so proud of him. He has worked his tail (and knees) off in preparation.

The kiddos are growing much too fast. Avi can hold onto our fingers and walk across the room. The boys can break into most of the baby locks across the house, so it is slight mayhem most of the time.

If you have an interest in helping with my kiddos or with helping my family with meals while I am out, you can let Carrie Driskill know. I'll be out of pocket, so it is best to go straight to her. She can communicate with my parents about it all, and that will lessen their workload. We still don't have dates, but you can give her your contact information.

Much love to all. May the joy of the Lord be your strength.

2 comments:

  1. Just a thought, but perhaps the 10/10 match came along because the Rider on the white horse sent him. : )

    Keep the faith and be strong. We're all still praying for you.

    -Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll totally babysit. I'll drive to Waco or Houston. My 2 boys would love to play with yours and I'm dying to see them. Scott said they are precious! Can't wait!

    Mindy Muse
    scott_mindy@yahoo.com
    (817) 431-4602

    ReplyDelete