Wednesday, December 16, 2009

From good news to better news

We went to a doctor visit today in Dallas. Blood levels and bone marrow levels are stable, so we don't have to jump into a transplant immediately. He also let us know that a potentially perfect match will be available in Feb. (This person was not in the running before because they traveled to a country with malaria, but the waiting time is almost up.) Our current match is a 9/10, and the potential match is a 10/10. If this person passes the high-resolution testing, this could lessen the risks involved with the transplant. This all is very good news. If I'm not healed prior to the transplant, it looks like it would be scheduled for early March.

7 comments:

  1. I love "good" news and I love "better" news even more. Praising God with you and will continue to pray, pray, pray!! Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing good and better news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This new is good, but frankly, I'm still waiting on the tree to fall! Love you! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exciting news! I'll be praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'm glad to hear this. God is working, as we know He does. I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news!! I'm truly amazed at how evident God's hand is through all of this. I wonder what this Susan 10/10 is like! :) I hope Avi is doing better! Don't worry at all about Jack! We can't keep them in isolation!

    ReplyDelete