Monday, September 21, 2009

Hope on the Horizon

We have a possible kinda-maybe-okay match! I'm not at all sure what this means at all, except that it is the first pleasant news about my health that we've heard in several months. I'll take it! We are still praying for a simple touch from the Lord, or a perfect match or anything that can heal me, but this is definitely encouragement that puts a little spring in our step. This person still may not be the best direction to head. This is step five in a process of 3,156, so we still have a long way to go. We are thankful.

(I will probably never know who matches with me, but it is hilarious to think about a twin sitting off the coast of Spain, or the Alps, or North Africa, or Germany, or England...probably not China... speaking a language that I can't speak. Do they have freckles, too? Do they crave chocolate at 3pm or resist the football season? How in the world can a person that has different parents be closer to my DNA than my own family? I told you that I wasn't interested in the genetics and that it was depressing to think about, but the hope of a real person out there is actually quite amusing. I suppose it is amusing because what can be more interesting that a person just like me? Har, har, har!)

Van wisely kicked me out of the house today for a bit of a walk. The sun was setting, and I actually saw a silver lining on a cloud. It was the shape of a George Washington wig and then morphed into a duck with three lips, but nevertheless was gorgeous.

Zane is a wild man. He is climbing across the stove to the canisters to mix the sugar to the flour and the flour to the sugar. He is finding candy that I didn't even know we had, and he is learning the art of "Tade it me." (Cade hit me.) Lip out. I, in return, am a wild woman. I can drop a stack of laundry in a flash just in time to grab the child on the third bookshelf. I can hear the sound of mischievous silence. I am tired at the end of the day, but that kid is just plain funny. The house is a wreck, but he is funny.

Cade is progressing to a new martial arts class because his teacher wants him to be challenged. I'm very proud that he is showing such an interest and such a maturity. I'm on a high this afternoon because the precious angel child told me, "You're the best Mom I never knew in the whole world."

Avi spent her day putting things into laundry baskets and then trying to figure how to get them back out. I am so glad, because I really needed her to be happy and occupied so I could watch the other two climb the curtains! She is taking about 3 bottles a day now, and gets all excited and impatient when I'm making them! I am so thankful. This is a huge burden off of our shoulders knowing that others can care for her.

Van says he has no update.

I am expecting a call from the transplant doc tomorrow to discuss the potential kinda-sorta match. Please continue to pray.

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed this "kinda, sorta, maybe person" turns out to be the one. I'm sure you are anxious to "get the show on the road" and get it over with. Waiting is such a drag and really hard on ones nerves. Just remember, all things good come at their appointed time.

    Hugs to everyone, including those little curtain climbers! LOL Tell Avi, "way to go".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOO thankful! We continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utopia is praying. We love you much!

    ReplyDelete