Psalm 121
A song of ascents. 1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am memorizing this for my summer Bible study. The study is called Stepping Up: the Psalms of Ascents. It's amazing. Praying for you! Saul got to see Dr. Van this morning!
ReplyDeleteI remember memorizing this when I was an intern in Chiang Mai. It always reminds me of looking up at the mountains on an early morning before I hiked Doi Suthep by myself, and of how every day is a little like that, too. Welcome to blog world, you guys! I pray the Lord will bless your family with help, healing, and the abundance of His loving presence.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorites as well. I memorized this 30+ years ago when I was in high school in Young Life. It always comforts and puts things in perspective.
ReplyDeleteSusan and Van,
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Afghanistan. I know I haven't talked with you guys in a while, but Susan my heart is bent your way. I will be praying hard for you, and know that a bunch of soldiers will be too. You will beat this with the Lord as your strength. I love you guys.
Aaron